YMC Grant Application 2021-2022
Thank you for your interest in a grant from Youth Making Change. For your project to be considered by the board your project must meet the basic project requirements. Those basic requirements are outlined below along with other things that would give your project a much better chance of getting funding, though it is not a guarantee. YMC gives preference to projects that address the root causes of social, economic, environmental and political problems.
● Be youth-led (age 12-24). Youth are leaders in all aspects of the project, including writing this grant application.
● Operate in a democratic manner, responsive to and directed by the group of people you aim to serve;
● Teens in the community must benefit from your project, not just the planning team.
● Attempt to fix a problem affecting youth by providing a solution;
● Be located in Santa Barbara County.
● Have a sponsoring organization, such as a school or community group.
Projects must also do one of the following:
● Actively support anti-discrimination based on race, sex/gender, age, religion, language spoken, or immigration status;
● Actively support communities marginalized by power structures to engage in dialogue and actions that seek to counter social injustice;
● Actively work to improve the rights of workers and their families whose living conditions have been marginalized;
● Promote the cultural life of underserved communities and support the activities of cultural workers;
● Promote self-determination and leadership development in low income and disenfranchised communities;
● Promote global peace and organize locally for just policies;
● Work on building coalitions to enhance improving environmental justice and address climate change, especially organizing a constituency usually without access to decision-makers;
● Engage in collaborative action and coalition-building to strengthen movement ecosystems; Work against community violence and actively support recovery and restorative justice activities and initiatives;
A Strong Project Also Includes:
● Research to find out the most pressing needs in your community.
● An opportunity for you and other of your planners to develop valuable skills and knowledge.
● An opportunity for other youth in the community to develop valuable skills, knowledge, or experience.
● A plan to keep your project running for a year or more.
We Do NOT Fund
● Political campaigns that support a candidate or a political party;
● Private (vs. public) interests;
● Direct labor organizing;
● Projects providing direct services without a social change component;
● Direct support to individuals;
● Building improvements;
● Capital ventures, i.e. office equipment, machines, or vehicles;
● Projects located outside of Santa Barbara County.
Apply for up to $3,000 in Grant Money!
Deadline October 25th, 2021 before 5:00 pm!!!!!!
If you have any questions, please email the Youth Making Change Coordinator
David Melendrez, YMC Coordinator (805) 922-1707 x 200 | email@example.com
You will need to create a free Submittable account, or sign in with Google credentials, in order to submit to a grant application.
Note that only the person who creates the first draft of the application will be able to submit. The person who submits will remain the main contact for the entirety of the grant, regardless of who is invited to collaborate. Please plan accordingly if you foresee changes making it a challenge to keep in communication regarding the grant.
We will follow up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to whitelist notification emails from Submittable and check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable account regularly.
Our grants' platform works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser.
When submitting your application, please expect any and all technical difficulties. We do not recommend working on your application close to the deadline.
Check out the Submitter Resource Center for help videos and articles, or to reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical support questions.
While the application has an autosave feature, we encourage you to save often to ensure that your work is not lost
Make sure to scroll to the bottom and click on Youth Making Change Grant Application
If you need help in helping develop a project, use the following action planning guide below as a tool to plan!