Fall Grant Cycle
Grant Application Workshops now available! To learn more about the application process or about the Fund for Santa Barbara and the work that we do, please consider attending. RSVP below!
Applications now available! Download a copy down below or visit our Grants Portal to submit electronically!
Free Grant Application Workshops
Schedule: Fall Cycle 2019
Request for Proposals Announced
Deadline for Proposal Review by Staff
Applications Due - No Later than 5:00pm
Site Visit Interview Notification
Please note that not all applicants will receive an interview and that interviews are not indicative of a decision to award funding.
Funding notifications to grantees
Spring Grant Awards Celebration
All grant applicants are welcome regardless of funding decisions.
TBD - Stay Tuned!
Fall 2019 Funding Guidelines
We Will Not Consider:
- Projects involved in electoral campaigns on behalf of candidates or parties
- Private (vs. public) interests
- Direct labor organizing
- Projects located outside of Santa Barbara County
- Projects providing direct services without a social change component
- Direct support to individuals, capital ventures, or building improvements
We Invite Applications From Groups:
- Working against discrimination based on race, sex/gender, age, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, physical/mental ability, ethnicity, language, or immigration status
- Struggling for the rights of workers
- Promoting self-determination in low-income and disenfranchised communities
- Promoting international peace and organize locally for a just foreign policy
- Working on improving the environment, especially organizing a constituency usually without access to decision makers
- Operating in a democratic manner, responsive to and directed by the constituency being served
These are used by the Grant Making Committee when deciding who to fund.
Download an application!
Para una applicacion en español por favor de llamar a Hugo al 805-962-9164. Gracias!
Other Grant Opportunities
The Fund for Santa Barbara accepts Multi-Year Grant applications during the Fall Cycle Only. Interested applicants must first contact the Fund office. Please call the office at (805) 922-1707 to speak with Patricia Solorio or email at Psolorio@fundforsantabarbara.org.
Youth Making Change Grants (YMC)
Youth Making Change is a teen-led philanthropy program for youth led projects in Santa Barbara County. The maximum award is $3,000 and the deadline is in the Fall. Please call the office at (805) 962-9164 to learn more about the application and guidelines.
Donor Advised Grants
The Fund for Santa Barbara also manages a limited number of Donor Advised Funds focused on social justice work. These grants are not available through the regular application process but require an invitation from FUND staff.
Emerging Need Grants (ENG)
Projects that need immediate financial assistance and could not meet the deadline for our Grant Cycles due to extraordinary, unforeseen circumstances may be eligible for this grant. The Fund does not consider poor planning, cash flow problems, or insufficient fund-raising efforts as grounds for an ENG. Contact email@example.com.