Spring Cycle in Full Swing!
The Grant Making Committee's decisions are now being finalized - stay tuned to hear about our Spring 2019 Grant Award Recipients!
Schedule: Spring Cycle 2019
Proposal Review by Staff
Applications Due - No Later than 5:00pm
Site Visit Interview Notification
Please note that not all applicants will receive an interview and that interviews are not indicative of a decision to award funding.
Funding notifications to grantees
Spring Grant Awards Celebration
All grant applicants are welcome regardless of funding decisions.
January 28th - February 22nd
Spring 2019 Funding Guidelines
We Will Not Consider:
- Projects involved in electoral campaigns on behalf of candidates or parties
- Private (vs. public) interests
- Direct labor organizing
- Projects located outside of Santa Barbara County
- Projects providing direct services without a social change component
- Direct support to individuals, capital ventures, or building improvements
We Invite Applications From Groups:
- Working against discrimination based on race, sex/gender, age, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, physical/mental ability, ethnicity, language, or immigration status
- Struggling for the rights of workers
- Promoting self-determination in low-income and disenfranchised communities
- Promoting international peace and organize locally for a just foreign policy
- Working on improving the environment, especially organizing a constituency usually without access to decision makers
- Operating in a democratic manner, responsive to and directed by the constituency being served