Join us for a workshop to learn about community organizing and power analysis with SCOPE, a renown organization with extensive experience facilitating trainings at a local and national level to grassroots groups, coalitions, labor unions, and legislative staff seeking to find clarity about joint efforts in addressing multi-level issues in large geographical areas.
- Deepen participants' understanding of why and at what scale we must organize
- Articulate organizing agendas for participating organizations
- Sharpen participants' understanding and strategic outlook in their organizing
- Collectively developed social change goals and a Power Analysis landscape
- The ability to distinguish organizing from advocacy, direct service, mobilizing, and electorism
- An understanding of the Dimensions of Change and of Pressure Points & Leverages
- An understanding of SCOPE's organizational model
- Initial articulations of organizing agendas, strategies, and tactics for participants.
- Introduction to Community Organizing
- Introduction to & Application of the Power Analysis Tool
- Strategies, Tactics, and Activities
Strategic Concepts in Organizing and Policy Education (SCOPE) builds grassroots power to create social and economic justice for low-income, women and women identifying, immigrant black, and brown communities in Los Angeles. To do this, SCOPE organizes communities, develops leaders, collaborates through strategic alliances, builds capacity through training programs, and educates South L.A.'s residents to have an active role in shaping policies that affect the quality of life in the region. Justice, respect, responsibility, integrity, and voice: These are our core values.
Contact: Stanley Tzankov
TDD users via CRS at 800-735-2929
Space is limited, so please register in the form above.
Contact us for sliding scale tickets / no one is turned away for lack of funds.
Both venues have physical access. If you need Spanish or ASL interpretation please contact us.
¿Necesita en Español Interpretación? / Haganos saber si necesita interpretación.