Tax Filings (Form 990)
501(c)(3) Nonprofit Determination Letter
The FUND's Tax ID # (FEIN) is 77-0070742. To see a copy of our letter click here.
Other Key Documents
Grant Making Summaries
The Latest News...
Announcing the Nominees & Reception
for the 2015 Social Justice Award
for Documentary Film...
The Fund for Santa Barbara is proud to once again partner with the Santa Barbara International Film Festival to present the 16th Annual Social Justice Award for Documentary Film. This year's Festival runs from Tuesday, January 27th through Saturday, February 7th.
The Social Justice Award for Documentary Film is awarded annually to a film that makes a particularly valuable contribution to advancing social justice. The award was created in 2000 to recognize the work of documentary filmmakers who use their art to address critical social, economic, environmental and political justice issues.
Please join us for our reception with the nominees...
WHAT: Social Justice Award Reception
WHEN: Friday, January 30th - 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Granada Theatre - McCune Founders Room
1214 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
This will be an extraordinary opportunity to meet some of the nominated filmmakers, learn a bit about their work, and thank them for bringing these issues to the big screen. Tickets are available for a suggested donation of $25. Platinum Pass-holders are admitted free.
Space is limited / Reservations Requested
RSVP to The Fund office at 962-9164
For a list of the 2015 Nominees, click here!
A Look Back at 2014...
As we take a moment to assess our work in 2014, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for making the Fund what it is. Last year proved to be our strongest yet and your support is the reason why. Specifically:
Because of your support in 2014, the Fund for Santa Barbara:
- Made more than $500,000 in grants to more than 70 progressive grassroots projects working for social, economic, environmental and political change throughout our region
- Provided more than 1,000 hours of FREE training and consulting to more than 200 organizations through our Technical Assistance Program
- Brought seven of the country’s best trainers, writers and thinkers to Santa Barbara County to lead a dozen different workshops on fundraising, lobbying & advocacy, board governance, financial management, and more. More than 300 people from 200 different organizations participated.
- Engaged 40 young people in youth-led grant-making through our Youth Making Change Program
- Enabled hundreds of organizations to share their events with thousands of community members through our Community Calendar
- Brought eight new documentary films addressing critical social justice issues to our community in partnership with the Santa Barbara International Film Festival as part of The Fund for Santa Barbara’s 15th Annual Social Justice Award for Documentary Film
In other words… because of your constant support, our community’s activists and organizers are able to count on The Fund as a critical resource in their work for Change, Not Charity.
If you have not already, please consider making a tax-deductible gift to The Fund for Santa Barbara…
Geoff Green, Executive Director
THE FUND FOR SANTA BARBARA
Celebrating 34 Years of “Change, Not Charity”
Executive Director Search
Executive Director Geoff Green will be leaving his role in early 2015. The Fund for Santa Barbara's Board of Directors is currently searching for the next Executive Director of the Fund.
The position announcement may be found here.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Fund is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Nov 4th Election Results
A Quarter Century of
Change not Charity
In celebration of 25 years of social, environmental, economic and political change work, the Fund for Santa Barbara created this 16-minute documentary film...
View it here!
Directed by Geoff Green
Produced by Candace Schermerhorn
Edited by Renee Bergan